Delaware Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment Training
Compassionate Care Hospice of Delaware
This event offers
1.0 CME credit
CE accredited by AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The Delaware Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment (DMOST) program is designed to improve the quality of care people receive at the end of life by translating patient/resident goals and preferences into medical orders.
The DMOST form is based on communication between the patient/resident, Health Care Agent or other designated decision-maker and health care professionals that ensures informed medical decision-making
- The training has a pre- and post-test components and will take approximately one hour to complete.
- The participant must complete the entire program and complete the post-test and evaluation to receive CE.
- After participation in this educational activity, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the new law upon which DMOST is based
- Correctly identify persons who are eligible to use this form to guide their own treatment preferences at end of life
- Discuss the required communication and documentation process for DMOST
- Apply the 8 Step DMOST protocol
- Relate the Plain Language FAQs