Nurse Practitioner New
NewCourtland Senior Services Website
No recruiters please
Basic Purpose: Under the direct observation of the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner of the LIFE Program, applies advanced knowledge/clinical skills necessary to assess/manage the healthcare of chronically ill geriatric participants, provides clinical skills development training to the nursing staff and assists in related administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs health histories, physical exams and patient teaching. Orders, interprets and follows up on lab tests and results. Performs selected procedures and documents care orally and in writing. Initiates emergency measures as indicated. Recognizes abnormalities that justify immediate referral for intervention by others.
- Initiates, evaluates, reviews and changes orders for selected medications and diagnostic studies/treatments within attending physician supervision and approved protocols.
- Provides information and conducts presentations as required.
- Directs patient management in conjunction with physician staff.
- Assesses initiates and coordinates patient care on a daily basis under the supervision of the attending physician.
- Coordinates with other agencies and service providers in developing and maintaining the high quality healthcare services the program can provide; this includes liaison with nursing homes, city/county/state/federal agencies and contractors when appropriate.
- Requests consultations from all services as needed in collaboration with attending Physician and/or established protocols.
- Providing education, communication and support for healthcare staff, patients and families.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings.
- Participates in other committees and work groups as assigned and performs other duties as assigned.