Help Recognize Excellence in the Delaware NP Community
Hello DCNP Members:
Please help recognize and thank those who contribute so much to NP practice and our patient's care in Delaware.
AANP State Award for Excellence Nominationshare this Article
1) The NP State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual NP in each state who has demonstrated excellence in NP clinical practice.
2) The Advocate State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual in each state who has made a significant contribution toward increasing awareness and recognition of NPs. Examples of past recipients have been physicians, legislators, educators, etc. NPs are also eligible for the advocate award for non-clinical practice initiatives related to leadership, precepting, policy, politics, research, education or community affairs.
Only one award may be given per category in each state. Groups and organizations are not eligible to receive these awards. Current AANP State Representatives, members of the AANP Board of Directors and Award Committee members are not eligible for either state award category during their term of office.
Nominators must be current individual AANP members to nominate a candidate for a state award; however, the nominee does not have to be an AANP member.
Award winners receive the following from AANP:
- All recipients will receive a one-time waiver of their registration fee for the AANP 2020 National Conference in New Orleans June 23-28, where they will be honored at the Salute to the States event.
- Recipients who are current AANP members will receive a one-year extension on their membership, beginning at their current renewal date.
- Recipients who are not current AANP members will receive a one-year complimentary membership.
- States may recognize their award recipients throughout the year with individual awards or honors given at the discretion of the state representative.
Nominations are open from August 5 thru October 14, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. CDT.