Call for Committee Chairs and Committee Members
The DCNP is looking for committee chairpersons and committee members for the Membership/Public Relations Committee, the Programs and Continuing Education Committee, the Finance Committee and the Scholarship Committee. Below is a list of roles and responsibilities for the respective committees. This is a great opportunity to become more involved with the DCNP and have your voice heard regarding how the DCNP functions now and in the future. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which committee(s) you are interested in joining, whether you are interested in being a chairperson or a committee member, a copy of your CV and a short description of past experience or interest that would make you a good candidate for committee membership or chair. Chairpersons will be chosen by the DCNP Board of Directors. DCNP student members are welcome to apply for committee member positions.
The Membership/Public Relations Committee:
- Identifies strategies to increase and retain membership.
- Identifies situations/problems and issues within each Chapter which impacts membership.
- Plans and implements value-added membership benefits, with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Promotes the role of the nurse practitioner in Delaware.
- Markets DCNP by preparing and distributing communications and informational materials to nurse practitioners, stakeholders, and the public.
- Creates and maintains online publications of the organization.
- Oversees management and posting on social & electronic platforms and in printed materials.
The Programs and Continuing Education Committee:
- Reaches out to and interacts with appropriate vendors to provide support and educational events for DCNP members.
- Identifies and plans the educational and membership events such as the Annual Business Meeting and chapter meetings.
- Acts as an advisory group for continuing education transactions within DCNP.
- Applies to the appropriate associations for continuing education units for educational offerings when appropriate.
- Develops plans for program meetings to be held throughout the year and develops special programs that qualify for continuing education units.
The Finance Committee:
- Assists the Treasurer with preparation of semiannual and yearly financial statements, and the annual budget.
- Advises about the expenditure of funds and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Evaluates the fiscal impact of proposed programs and projects.
- Recommends and monitors financial policies and procedures.
The Scholarship Committee:
- Awards the DCNP Education Scholarship annually in May.
- Seeks qualified candidates by posting announcement on the DCNP website and sending announcements to nurse practitioner programs in Delaware starting in January of each year.
- Assembles candidates’ applications, essays, copies of RN licenses, and university transcripts between January and April and meet in early April to review application packets and determine award recipient(s).
4. Provides Board of Directors with name(s) of recommended recipient(s) for approval at May Board of Director meeting